The Consensus TracPatch is a wearable device with an accelerometer, temperature sensor and step count to monitor recovery in real time after surgery. This study examines how the Consensus TracPatch may improve rehabilitation in patients who use it after total knee arthroplasty surgery compared to patients who do not use it.
This study will place patients in one of two groups at random: an intervention group and a control group. The intervention group will be those who are given the Consensus TracPatch after total knee arthroplasty and the control group are patients who are not given the Consensus TracPatch. Range of motion, the Oxford Knee Score, the Knee Society Score, and the Visual Analogue Score are referenced by researchers to determine effectiveness.
- All sexes, 18 years and older
- Those who are having total knee arthroplasty surgery
- Patients who sign the written informed consent form
- Have consistent access to an iOS or Android device with Bluetooth capability
- Patients not fluent in the language of the informed consent form
- Presence of mental illness
- Previously undergone a total knee arthroplasty on same knee
- Deformities of more than 10 degrees on either valgus or varus or flexion contractures of more than 10 degrees
- Considered by the surgeon to be complex arthroplasty
You may participate in this clinical trial at the University of Miami Hospital in Miami, Florida, United States, 3313. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Wayne B Cohen-Levy, MD at 954-483-0206 or at email@example.com.
This study is sponsored by the University of Miami and collaborated by Consensus Orthopedics.
Clinical TrialsView All Clinical Trials
Using a Smartphone App to Aid in Functional Mobility Return Following Total Knee Arthroplasty
This clinical trial aims to decrease the costliness of traditional home care after a total knee arthroplasty (TKA).…
Return to Physical Activities After Total Knee Arthroplasty
The first goal of this study is to determine how patients who used the Journey II in their total knee arthroplasty…
Music Therapy Versus Control for Total Knee Arthroplasty
Music has been proven therapeutic for patients undergoing surgery. While…
The Effects of Prehabilitative Exercise on Functional Recovery Following Total Knee Arthroplasty
The Carilion Clinic is hosting a clinical trial that measures how pre-surgery exercise, known as Prehabilitation,…